With unique technology, Step Forward Paper™ turns leftovers of wheat production into high quality paper!
Our paper is 80% tree-free wheat straw, FSC CERTIFIED, and 100% committed to a better planet.
Reduce your eco footprint and be part of the revolution to:
- save trees
- protect forest habitat and fresh water
- provide farmers with diversified income
- prints and copies jam-free, to save time and money
- is recyclable, biodegradable and compostable
- performs on par with traditional high quality paper
- produces a low dust count
- Copy Paper available in 8.5 x 11, 8.5 x 14, and 11 x 17
- Professional Grade Paper available in 23 x 35, 25 x 38, and 28 x 40
So…. Give Wheat a Chance!!
Step Forward Paper™ is made with 80 per cent wheat straw, which means 80 per cent less virgin forest fiber than traditional papers. It is the first paper of its kind to hit shelves in North America, and a big step towards meeting more of our paper needs from leftover straw instead of ancient forests.The paper is made from leftover wheat straw and does not impact the food supply chain. Step Forward Paper™ enjoys a small environmental footprint – transportation emission costs are low, and savings are made from not harvesting the valuable carbon stored in our world’s forests.
After 14 years of R&D, Step Forward Paper™ is designed, created and produced by Prairie Paper of Canada.The manufacturing is temporarily based in India, as no facility can currently support the making of straw paper in North America. Read about the India mill
Step Forward Paper™ is a step towards building a new 100% tree-free, state of the art, eco-mill in the Canadian prairies (where millions of acres of straw is available).
Help prove that there is demand for a new paper paradigm in North America !